September 10, 2011

Endure the Bear 50k Trail Run

Another great event in Big Bear!  We started by heading straight up a mountain and then trotted around beautiful single track and fire roads.  At the end of the race we got to go down the hill we we up at the start of the race....ouch!  This painful downhill triggered the prior injury in my right knee but I am pretty sure I will live.  The altitude also got me a couple of times but overall I can't remember smiling more than I did during this race.  There were some bumps along the way due to the race being new, but in the end I realized that I was in it just for myself anyway and to see how much I could push myself and reach my own goals.  I reached my goal and set a new 50k mountain PR and will be back for this this race again.  I love Big Bear.

50k - 6:22:40 - 12:19 mpm - AG 3rd , OA - 13th


Pre race pose with Steve and Taylor

Pre race RD talk

I probably should get inside the starting shoot


We wear short shorts!



Strong finish!

 
Shot with Tater