November 13, 2011

Javelina Jundred 100 Miler - 2011

Goal #1 accomplished. I finished! 25:57 and change at my first 100 - The JJ100 which was actually 101.4 miles. I ended up in 83rd out of 337 starters. I couldn't have done it without my Boog - my crew chief and tent snuggler. We had an epic bone chilling 15.4 mile hike at 12AM that will never be forgotten. It defined insane and love all at once.  There was crazy rain, beautiful sunrises and sunsets, shoes swallowing quick sand, freezing temperatures, and the most awesome conditions ever!

I greatly appreciate all of the messages and support via online, phone, esp, and whatever else I am forgetting.  I need some sleep. I haven't had any since Friday night. Thanks again everyone!


101.4 Miles - 25:57:25- 15:34 mpm



Crew and racers - Taylor, Kylie, Steve, Dustin





Went by here a few times....and never got confused!  Yay



Crew chief and pacer


Taylor and Steve looking figuring out where the heck we are

Approved


Setting up tent land


Taylor on her way out to make sure the course is "cool"



Just because I thought I was funny




Above camp

Race moring. Wayyyy before I was awake


Almost time to get it on

Alright...yeah that's better?
And they're off!

Struggling as always to be awake.  Woke up 20 minutes before start
 


Lap 1 done!


Still flying after lap 2


Exiting from another one of my way too long breaks
Feeling like going the other way
Sooo winning!
He's going the distance


Lap 3 done
 
I love honey

Yeah...everything looks good
Aid station.  Fill er' up!

Taylor joining me for some trotting


Love


Off into the sunset


Steve is off for final laps

Blister surgery

Back at home after a great weekend.  What just happened?

Piggy loves