June 6, 2010

San Diego Rock n Roll 13.1 -2010

Yay.  A new PR!  The trip was another party as it was with Team in Training.  I was an Assistant coach this season which allowed me to race this one and not have coach duties for the weekend...but I still went out after the race to cheer and run people in - I just couldn't resist. 

The pre race dinner and morning drive to the start with the team had me pumped up.  I went out on pace and stayed where I needed to be to reach my goal of 1:40 but just fell apart with 3 miles to go but locked my focus on reaching goal #2 of getting a PR and coming in around 1:45.  The first few miles are neat heading around town.  Then it gets ugly heading down a high banked freeway...yuck!  Then it's flat yuck to the finish.  Overall I think it s a course for records.  For me - goal accomplished!

13.1 Miles - 1:45:47 - 8:04 mpm

Heading off to the expo with Tater!
Race day action
 

 

Team in Training support crew