April 4, 2010

Sycamore Canyon 30k Trail Run

I absolutely loved this course!  Beautiful trails with views of the ocean, pastures of tall grass, canopied trees areas...and much more.  It was 90%+ single track and I had a blast sprinting downhills and pushing it hard going back up.  I was also able to successfully complete a full face plant.  Coming into the last aid station I was on pace to break a time goal and got too excited and forgot to keep my eyes on the trail.  A rock jumped out and grabbed my foot and then threw me up in the air as far as it could.  I think the hip hit the rugged rocks first and then I bounced a few times.  Ouch.  After the aid station peoples helped me clean up my dirty bloody mess I took off and blazed on in up and down a hill to the finish.  Taylor was there to give me hugs and love.  All is good in the world!

30k - 3:12:05 - 10:18 mpm - AG 2nd place!  OA 10th!



Happy to get the show started!
Lining up for start
Steve and I ran the first couple miles together..I saw him a couple of times on the course which let me know I was flying

Which color do I follow again?


Pretty trail


Another random shot brought to you by Taylor

and another random shot brought to you by Taylor

...and another random shot brought to you by Taylor

Steve coming in for aid before going out to finish his 50k

and a bathroom break?

Rock on!

Dustin coming in for the finish!

Sprinting in for a pr!

Flying leaves marks

boo boo


a face connected to the bloody hip

The best wife in the world!!

I hurt

Steve finishing the 50k


woah...a top 10

All done!