June 13, 2010

Holcomb Valley 33 Mile Trail Run - 2010 -DNF

So... I had my first DNF...ever.  Sad times.  I was extremely sick...still am.  Something picked up in San Diego at the Rock n Roll half marathon I think.  The start of the race went well.  I was moving along very well and excited to be out there.  The cold is what I think tricked me into thinking I was healthy enough to continue on.  I absolutely loved the 18 miles that I did see of the course.  I had to call it quits when I started to see black spots and the had someone holding me up.  Somewhere I lost it and fell according to "Dave"???  I was able to walk to the aid station at the bottom of this non stop downhill and hitch a ride to basecamp.  It was a good call because I was dizzy and sick as can be.  Totally bummed. 


Very unlucky #

It was cold.  Don't let the sun fool you!




And their off!
Probably my best trail shot to date...too bad I DNF'd
 

Glad to be back for some food and rest


 
Steve soaring into the finish


Group shot


Superman vision!
 





I think I was supposed to suck in my belly