March 31, 2007

Ironman CA Oceanside 70.3 - 2007


I still had some Hilton Honors points lying around so I decided to make a mini vacation out of the ordeal. We stayed at a wonderful little place in Carlsbad making everything very convenient. Soooo convenient and comfy that I woke up with 30 minutes to drive to Oceanside and get in the water for my swim start. Yahooo... what a rush. The race went okay and it was kinda boring. I was very happy to see my family out there...Mom, Dad, Girlfriend and her Dad! Even during the stuggles I just smiled thinking of how awesome it was that they were out there for me.

Swim 1.2 Miles (38:00) - 1:58 pace
T1 (4:15)
Bike 56 Miles (3:01:29) - 18.51 mph
T2 (4:01)
Run 13.1 Miles (2:11:14) - 10:01 mpm

Overall - 5:58:59

Waiting in line to get in the water
Out of the water after a rough and longer than expected swim


Off to have some fun on the 2 wheeler


A brutal hill to start the bike...errr


I think I can... I think I can



Run Start
 

13.1 miles on concrete is not very fun


The push to the finish


Done...completely wiped out!