May 5, 2007

Wildflower Triathlon 70.3 2007

Wildflower was a fun adventure. A year ago this was my 2nd date with my girlfriend - I got to watch her finish the race. The crew of Taylor, Steve, and I headed up and set up camp in the sure to be hot weekend. This race is called the Woodstock of triathlons for good reason. The place was flooded with spandex and energy. On race day I felt like I struggled the entire time. The run really kicked my butt. I am glad I finished this sucker and it was cool to have other peoples out there racing.  I really had a bad race and felt sick the entire weekend.  Oh yeah.... it didn't end after the half ironman! We did the Olympic relay the next day. I had a fun weekend with fun peeps and got to even see some of my Team in Training peoples. Yahhoooo!

Swim 1.2 Miles (39:49) - 2:03 pace
T1(2:53)
Bike 56 Miles (3:26:11) - 16.3 mph
T2(3:59)
Run 13.1 Miles (2:30:40) - 11:30 mpm

Overall - 6:43:42


Turbo Camp!















Unloading the beast!


Uphill climb to start the bike




I sucked at this running thing





 
 
 
 All done - together





Day 2 relay butt kickers!