October 15, 2006

Day at the Beach Triathlon - Hermosa Beach 2006

This was a very important race for me. I did it with the Team in Training program and raised money and raced my heart out for the cause. All of those who donated were in my mind the entire race. I met some great people during the training and I really enjoyed seeing them out there on race day. My big donors - Mom and Dad were out there and I was so happy that the girlfriend Taylor got to see a bit of my race before she took off to race as well. My buddy Dan ended up being at the transition to yell good stuff at me...very cool! Thanks for all the support guys! I had a wonderful race and got into the top 5 for my age group which is my official first podium! Thank you to all who made this happen for me!
5th place out of 74 in the age group. Very stoked other than the end of the race cramp. I love triathlons! Go TEAM!!!

Swim (8:28) - 2:06 pace
T1(2:04)
Bike (26:02) - 23.05 mph
T2(1:28)
Run (22:57) - 7:39 mpm

Overall - 1:00:57

No swim or bike photos....oh well...

Kicking hard with what I have left!

Finished!


My peeps!!! Mom, Dad, Taylor, Dan

A fellow TnT'er not too far behind me!