September 24, 2006

Long Beach Triathlon 2006

Long Beaaaaachhhhh!!! What a freakin' awesome sprint triathlon! Turbo course. Fast and plenty of space! I had a rockin' swim and blasted by everyone...literally. I was hangin in the top position on the bike and then they sent me off to T2 a lap early....errrr...arrr!!! It cost me a lot of time and they didn't want to let me go back out on course...I eventually cussed them out and went back and had a decent 2nd lap and a good run for a solid finish. Taylor rocked it and got a podium finish!!! Her Dad Steve came too and rocked it! What a fun time it was. I can't wait for the next race.

I placed 11th out of 68 in the age group...and came out 1st from the water.

Swim (11:19) - 1:24 pace!
T1(2:46)
Bike (35:10) - 18.77 mph
T2(1:18)
Run (22:15) - 7:25 mpm

Overall - 1:12:48

Collage of fun!






Group shot post race


 


I am manly and can carry a podium finisher after a triathlon...arrgghhhhhh!!!!!!