March 16, 2013

Beyond Limits Ultra - 50 Miles

Taylor and Steve came to support me on my journey.  The race was at Pathfinder Ranch in the middle of nowhere.  Somewhere in between Hemet and Palm Springs.  Yuck was the drive there...then it was a little mountain paradise at the race.  The site was neat....the course was okay...rutted, soft sandy stuff on turns, and then just kind of blah.  The view was good on one downhillish section though.  The loop was supposed to be 2 miles and I was mentally prep'd for that.  Come race morning it was 1.78 or something ridiculous like that.  We were to do a bazillion loops until we were done.  There were pigs, puppies, cows, horses, turkeys, and chickens.  The race didn't go as planned due to some serious right knee gremlins causing pain.  I took much longer than expected to complete half of what I was originally set out to do.  Oh well.  I was able to get in 50 miles and had an awesome support crew there for me.  You guys rock! 

50 Miles:  11:41 and change

Group shot before the start

...and I am off for some fun!


I just kept runnin...

 
Getting in about 10 miles with Mr. Wog
 
....and then I walked for a long time.