November 17, 2012

Chimera 100 - 2012

I put some serious training in for this race. The journey leading to the race was pretty epic with stupid hot and crazy cold days in the hills above Corona. Prepared I was and ready to tackle the beast. All went according to plan. Then I had a stumble and Holy Jim owned me. Unlike AC, I will definitely be back for revenge. The event was extremely well ran and the support incredible. Congrats to Steve for a stellar finish and a hard earned buckle and a huge thanks again to my wonderful wife Taylor for being there and putting in her entire weekend to attempt to get me to the finish line. Love!

Yes...that's a lot of climbing! 


Morning drive to the race

Standard race shot with the Boog


Sign kind of says it all


Okay...let us loose!  Karl, Ed, Me, and the others
And we're off!


RD Steve Harvey telling us about mountain lions
 


Yes...it was raining...or misting and raining allllll day

Okay.  If you insist


The views were incredible


Done with the first 20.  And feelin' good!


Gear change


Off for some more fun!


Smiling after the drop.  Cory smiling good with me

 


Tater, Me, Steve, Cory