January 16, 2011

Calico Ghost Town 30k Trail Run

Dang it was cold at the start!  We took a mellow drive out to the Ghost Town of Calico for the day.  The prior year I came out to support Steve and I decided I needed to race.  When the gun goes off you haul arse down pavement for about 1.5 miles...then you hit river sand.  A healthy amount of climbing took me to a canyon area that was rad.  Overall I really enjoyed the course, but my cramping issue that I would get during half marathons hit me hard and I had a nice sit for about 10 minutes trying to stretch out my right leg.  It was embarrassing trying to move a couple feet and then completely locking up.  Haha.  Oh well.  I look forward to giving this race a go again.

20th Overall, 5th AG, 3:19:38 - 10:42 mpm

Pretty

Pre race posing


Just follow the arrows!  Ha

Running home

I loved this section!  Unfortunately this is where my cramp session took place.

 

Yay for us!

 
My prize!